Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ibanez

I have been looking to buy a used acoustic guitar to go along with my classical and electric. I search Craig's List a few times a week, and finally found a guitar which fit what I was looking for.

It is an Ibanez acoustic which can also be plugged into an amp. Its size is small, with a narrow body similar to an electric. Not being a large person I was happy to get a guitar which is not bulky. The color is black and the body has a cutaway allowing for easy access to the higher frets. There is a thin crack on the back of the guitar body, so over time this guitar will not sound good, but I bought it knowing that I am using it for practice. The cost was only $90, and it came with a soft case, which also fits my classical.

The case will now make it easier for me to haul either guitar to the park, as I can strap it onto my back while riding my bike, rather than having to carry the hard shell case in one hand.

I have learned a few more measures of Asturias. Each measure brings on a new set of finger movements and complications. I find that after practicing 1 or 2 measures, when I return to playing scales or chords everything seems easier. My plan is to eventually learn the entire piece. This may take a few years, if I'm lucky, but at the end of the process I should be a much better guitarist.