Saturday, September 29, 2012

Flowing into Dreams

After writing my last post about struggling to find my way in the apartment search, I decided to look at an apartment which I did not have much hope for, as it did not seem promising from the description and pictures which were posted on CL. I felt that the act of walking to an apartment, looking it over, then moving on to the next one, would begin to create a flow of energy which would eventually lead me to something. Like looking for a job, where it is rare to be offered something on the first try, and maybe after 10 interviews things fall into place. The place is on 23rd, which is almost 2 miles west of where I am at now (also on 23rd), and oddly enough I had already walked the same route a few weeks before when I visited the Eugene Zendo on Garfield.

When I arrived I looked at the surrounding houses and immediately eliminated the nicest house, leaving places which made me feel correct about my initial misgivings. I searched for the apartment and when I found the address painted on the curb, discovered that the nicest house was indeed the one I was looking for. Upon walking in I knew I had found a place I could be happy in - quality in the details, warm light, quiet - something which gives a good feeling. Although quite small, I could imagine myself living a peaceful, monkish life, striving for...the elimination of striving. I filled out an application, and within a few days found out I had been chosen. I accepted, signed the lease, and will move in this Monday, Oct, 1, 2012. I was over there today moving some things into the apt, and later in the day realized I had lost the key due to a hole in my pants pocket. I can't recall ever losing any type of key, so I am a bit embarrassed to have to ask the owner for a replacement before I even move in. Well, there are worse things that can happen, so no complaining, just pay the fee and move on.


































Somehow I have shaped a vision and a dream into a more solid structure. The past couple of years I have been dreaming of running in a place I had never been before. The dream would recur, and I wondered about it because it was beautiful. While the landscape of Eugene does not exactly fit the place in the dream, it has a similar feel, and I recalled the dream recently as I was running up Spencer Mountain. So many ways to go, yet my heart led me to the place which my soul had given clues about.

What next?