Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Library Blogging

Night Walk


I walked to the library this afternoon with my laptop to test the internet connection, after a delay of a few minutes my computer linked with the server and I am now writing this blog entry.

Yesterday Rachel and I did more shopping for both of our homes. I bought a kitchen table at Habitat's store, they will deliver it sometime next week. I believe I have everything I need except a sofa, so I will continue to check the 2nd hand shops for something.

I talked with the apt manager yesterday and she said Cyndi already moved out and I could move in whenever I would like. She also mentioned that they are working on replacing two bedroom windows, so I am going to wait until Saturday to move in. I have a feeling the windows will not be finished before I move in because when I walk by the apt on my way home from work I see no evidence of work being done.

I submitted my application for Leona's job a few days ago. Rachel helped me edit my resume and cover letter, both read pretty good. The job is currently open to internal applicants only and I have been thinking about who else would apply. My initial guess was anyone who was working part time, such as myself. This morning Leona mentioned that she doesn't think it fair that the job is not open to people outside the district because she has a friend who wants to apply. That led her to say that she knew of two people applying thus far. I questioned her about the two, she said I was one, the other being Caty from the APNC. I was surprised to hear this because Caty works full time at a place which I believed she enjoyed, and the pay would be similar. Caty is smart and competent, so my odds of getting the job have gotten slimmer, but I still like my chances. I will try my best and let things fall where they may. If I do not get the job I will still have my old position, and even though I will be broke most days, I will still be happy because I will have much time to do things that I love. I have been somewhat dreading having to work 40 hours a week - it is either no time and lots of money, or no money and lots of time - either one is fine by me.