Saturday, January 1, 2011

Co-op Blogging

Rest Stop Outside Kankakee


I walked over to Lincoln Square this morning with my laptop to test the wifi connection. When I sat down in the main lobby all of the available connections were secure and needed a password. As I sat there wondering what to do, I recalled that Cyndi, the nice lady who just moved out of my soon-to-be apt, said that she would connect while at the Common Ground Food Co-op. So I packed up my stuff and walked a few hundred feet and found that there are attractive wood tables set up in the corridor leading to the store. I sat down at one of the tables, set up the laptop and tried to connect. I saw a connection for Guest and Guest Common Ground, I chose Guest and was successful at establishing a connection.

So as I sit here in the corridor, I just finished working on a recent picture I took while on the road to my parents on Christmas Eve, and am now writing this entry.

Yesterday was 57 degrees, all of the snow melted. I went for a run, I felt great, no asthma for a couple of weeks now, and getting sleep every night.

Last night Rachel's sister Amy and her husband Brian and son Andrew came over to celebrate the end of 2010. I made homemade sag paneer, Rachel made Samosas, rice pudding, and sweet dough balls. We drank Fat Tire India Pale Ale and played penny poker after the meal.

Andrew is currently a student at Univ of Chicago. Next year he is planning to study in Paris, France for a few months. He said he can't speak French, but he is smart and should pick it up quick. I like his style - he walks everywhere, refuses to ride in cars for environmental reasons, is a vegetarian, and always appears calm.