Monday, March 7, 2011

Beautiful, Strange

Winter Walk III


Went to therapy session no. 2 today. The first session was held in the break room because all of the regular rooms were being used. I did not care for the bright lights and lay out of the room, but this week the session was held in a pleasant space with dusky light - perfect. Jessica, my therapist, seemed open and warm and this led to a discussion of things which I had not planned on navigating.

Jessica steered me into the territory of my recent split with Rachel. I can understand why she did this because it would appear to be more important than my dilemma with social parties. As the session sped along I couldn't help but recognize that how I talked with certain friends was similar to how I was opening up with Jessica. However, some of the topics brought up I most likely would not discuss with a friend.

While I have been neglecting to work on my current drawing, I have been practicing hard with the guitar, and a few days ago made another breakthrough. I have been working on the classical piece Asturias for the past 6-7 months, after 12 or 13 measures the fingering becomes more complex with a consistent wide stretch between the 1 and 4 finger. This stretch prevents me from playing the passage correctly due to the 4 finger not being strong enough to maintain proper pressure upon the fret. When I played the passage this week the 4 finger had finally become strong enough to hold the string in position - it is beautiful and strange to observe how the body and mind slowly adapt to the wishes of the will....