Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Moon

I watched the film Moon today. It is a great sci-fi story about clones and energy.

The soundtrack was amazing. My instincts told me the score was written by someone I highly respect. After the film ended I looked up the soundtrack on Youtube and discovered that Clint Mansell wrote the music - indeed, he is one of my favorite modern composers.


As the film rolled to its conclusion I thought about Migel from my warehouse days. Standing in the back of the warehouse on warm summer afternoons, folding boxes and flipping them into a pile, he would reveal to me esoteric tales and disturbing conspiracies. One was how the government had farms for human cloning, the clones to be used for fighting future wars and working difficult jobs. He told me this in 1990, before cloning was revealed to be possible. When Migel suddenly disappeared I felt I had lost a link to a circle of dangerous truths. Tonight I am wondering about Migel.....