Monday, November 28, 2011

Typhoid Mary

Left work early with the late autumn day feeling heavy of winter - blustery gray wetness making me wish for snow. I was able to borrow Rachel's car and drive over to the public health dept. so I could get vaccinations for Typhoid and Hep. A. I got a tetanus vaccination 6 weeks ago, so I believe I have done everything possible to reduce the risk of carrying a nasty illness while in SE Asia. Cost was $190, pretty steep for two shots in the arm, and my shoulder is sore as hell.

Finished reading The Razor's Edge, the ending left me a bit disappointed, but it was still very well written. In my Thailand guidebook Maugham has been mentioned a couple of times, as he loved to travel in SE Asia, I guess one time he caught malaria while in Bangkok, but lived to write another day.

The two girls who want to live in my apt have still not signed the lease - signing day is supposed to be this Thursday, if they don't sign then I will have to look for somebody else, but I still have time to find someone and be out before Jan 1. I still have hope the girls will sign on Thursday, I will think positive thoughts.....