Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crisis

A couple of days ago I found out that my life's direction would be significantly altered. I am still in a state of confusion and shock. Fortunately my spiritual quest is focused on the quality and strength of my mind - I am going to need a calm, clear, attentive mind to survive the next few months.

This blog is not a place to share the details of what I am going through, but I will say that everything I know and love will soon be gone. It is the ultimate test of my faith and spiritual practice. The reason I constantly think about loss and pain is because when it finally arrives I can be somewhat prepared to experience it with equanimity and detachment. I am only one living being in a world filled with a billion living beings. My struggles are small and invisible but I still have to confront and work through them.

I am unsure how much I will be writing about guitar. I still hope to practice everyday but there are many other things which I will soon be doing out of necessity. It may take a year or more before I feel settled and comfortable with life again, and I will strive to retain a meditative mind throughout the process.

The past 15 years of my life have been blessed with good fortune and happiness. It has now come to an end.