Monday, December 13, 2010

Living on High




I ran the South Farms loop with Melinda on Thursday, it was great to see her and generous of her to share some time with me. The day was not too cold but there was still some snow on the ground - it was fun! Melinda ran strong and she set a pace that was faster than I normally run for the loop, but I was able to keep up (except when we did a couple of 75 yard
striders, I was moving pretty slow). On our walk back to the house, munching on Jimmy John sandwiches, Melinda asked if I hated her - I guess she did not approve of a cool down in wintry, evening cold.... :)

The next morning I got a phone call at work from the manager of the apt which I greatly wanted. She said my credit check looked fine and later in the day, after the Christmas work party (bowling and pizza), I met with her and the current tenant and the apt was signed over to me. I will be moving in on January 8th. The apt has 2 bedrooms, a smallish living room, largish kitchen, and is in a house with 2 other occupants. I am on the first floor with nobody above, it's on High St, in my current neighborhood, only 5 blocks from where I live now. I am looking forward to forging ahead with a newly created life for myself.