Monday, February 13, 2012

























Yesterday I got up at dawn and went for a run. I had taken the prior two days off, so I was excited about feeling strong and energetic. Unfortunately I felt like shit, very sluggish and my breathing was shallow. Part of the problem was I had gone to bed at 3:00am, so 4 hours of sleep is not the best way to prepare for a workout. I ran on the grass field at CMU and did a few fast bursts. I then walked to the fitness park and did two circuits. Not wanting to give up so easily, I returned to the field and did another round of fast running, so even though I was not at my best I did everything I could to improve my fitness for the next run. If I can get 7 hours of sleep tonight I am hoping to have an easier time tomorrow morning.

Today I went for an early walk to the Ping River, stopped at Ginny Cafe for breakfast, then wandered home. I will relax for the rest of the day.