Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hanging at the Free Bird










The Free Bird is open again, and I was happy to walk there today, eating my favorite of red curry soup with brown rice, fruit salad with home made yogurt, honey, and muesli, and a passion fruit shake. I spoke with Maria briefly and found out her grandfather had died, so she returned to the states to be with her family. The cafe was broken into for a second time while she was gone, so I hope their luck soon changes for the better.

The fitter I get, the more fun running becomes because I have more options with what I want to do on any given day. Today I ran to the Muni and ran 300's for 20 minutes. Two days ago I was at the fitness park doing half loops at full speed. I think I may take 2 days off and then attack with a long run of 80-85 minutes. I am tempted to run 1/2 way up the mountain, but I enjoyed doing fitness park loops for the 71 minute run, so I will most likely end up there again.

The last two days the smog cleared, what a relief! The smog is toxic - burning eyes, tightness in the head, and who knows what the lungs are doing with it. Oh well, that is life in a 3rd world country.